Church Dedication May 7, 1950
The Dedication of the new Church building May 7, 1950. The Church officials pointed out the building was a work in progress. There were stained glass windows in Chancel behind the alter, the Baptistery window and the Crucifixion window on the right. All the other windows were plain glass. But, as Marsteller pointed out, they were in a heated building with a roof over their head.
Rev. J. Luther Mauney, President of the Lutheran Synod of Virginia in 1950 and Uncle to Bishop Jim Mauney, preached the Dedication sermon. The audio file is only 4 minutes long. The dedication was recorded on 15, 78rpm records. Each record is about 5 minutes in length. Rev Mauney actually spoke for over 30 minutes and filled 7 of the 15 records. This is the first record of the set and the begining of his sermon.
Dudley Marsteller, Chairman of the Building Committee, presenting the keys of the Church to Rev. Frank K. Efird.