Copyright © Christ Lutheran Church

Christ Lutheran Church
The Body of Christ ALIVE
Loving God, Loving Neighbor

3rd Sunday of Easter April 18, 2021

5th Sunday of Easter May 2, 2021

Evening Prayer April 21, 2021

4th Sunday of Easter April 25, 2021

Church Dedication May 7, 1950

The Dedication of the new Church building May 7, 1950.   The Church officials pointed out the building was a work in progress.  There were stained glass windows in Chancel behind the alter, the Baptistery window and the Crucifixion window on the right.  All the other windows were plain glass.  But, as Marsteller pointed out, they were in a heated building with a roof over their head.

Rev. J. Luther Mauney, President of the Lutheran Synod of Virginia in 1950 and Uncle to Bishop Jim Mauney, preached the Dedication sermon.  The audio file is only 4 minutes long.  The dedication was recorded on 15, 78rpm records.  Each record is about 5 minutes in length.  Rev Mauney actually spoke for over 30 minutes and filled 7 of the 15 records.  This is the first record of the set and the begining of his sermon. 

Dudley Marsteller, Chairman of the Building Committee, presenting the keys of the Church to Rev. Frank K. Efird.

Evening Prayer April 14, 2021

Previous Worship Services can also be found at our YouTube Channel:


  • May 7, 1950 Keys1:12

Evening Prayer April 28, 2021

2nd Sunday of Easter April 11, 2021

  • May 7, 1950 Dedication3:43


In light of the COVID-19 pandemic and in order to best care for our community, all  worship services inside our building are cancelled until further notice. Please join us for Drive-In Worship or on Facebook Live each Sunday at 10am and for Evening Prayer Wednesdays at 7pm on Facebook Live. 

6th Sunday of Easter May 9, 2021

Evening Prayer May 5, 2021